Every corporate office has a official public website which can be accessed by every individual using public internet. Data related to this site has to be stored in servers and the location of these servers is a challenge! The challenge is servers have to be accessible by the public users but they should not disturb the internal network of the organization in other words an attacker from internet should not be able to reach the internal network through these servers. Then came the concept of DMZ. It is a zone that lies between an organization’s internal network and an external network, usually the Internet
Concept of DMZ :
In military terms, a De-Militarized zone (DMZ) is an area, usually the frontier or boundary between two or more military powers (or alliances), where military activity is not permitted, usually by peace treaty or other bilateral or multilateral agreement
In a computer network apart from the Internet and Intranet there exists De-militarized zone which has the security protection level lying in between the Intranet and the Internet. The Intranet is a High security zone where the internal host systems, servers etc., of an organization are present and which are to be secured from the attacks or threats. Internet is an outside public network which is considered as a low security zone.
Traffic flow in DMZ installed networks:
- Internal hosts can access DMZ and internet.
- External hosts can access only DMZ not the intranet.
- DMZ hosts can access internet only.
Keystroke logging (often called keylogging or “keyloggers”) is the action of tracking (or logging) the keys struck on a keyboard, typically in a covert manner so that the person using the keyboard is unaware that their actions are being monitored. There are numerous keylogging methods, ranging from hardware and software-based approaches to electromagnetic and acousticanalysis.
Are U insecure about your secret information from getting leaked???So…..here is the solution for your problem………”STEGANOGRAPHY” ……….A new n secure step in the world of security!!!
What is Steganography ?
- Steganography is the practice of hiding private or sensitive information within something that appears to be nothing out of the usual.
- Steganography in the modern day sense of the word usually refers to information or a file that has been concealed inside a digital Picture, Video or Audio file.
- It is used in the way of hiding not the Information but the password to reach that Information.
- Difficult to detect .Only receiver can detect.
- Can be applied differently in digital image, audio & video file.
- It can be done faster with the large no of software’s.
- Huge number of data = huge file size, so some one can suspect about it.
- In sending and receiving information can be leaked.
- The confidentiality of information is maintained by the algorithms, and if the algorithms are known then its all over.
- If this technique is gone in the wrong hands like hackers, terrorist ,criminals then this can be very much dangerous for all.
Shiva Chaitanya(ECE 2/4) MGIT
Watch This Video….